Tambov's sports director Pavel Khudyakov spoke with Sport day after day about the results of the match with Rotor, the pressure the club was under, the search for a sponsor and the possible future of the team.
Why did you save Tambov? To play strange games?
How do you rate the game with Rotor? There were two completely different halves. What could be the reason for this?
- Everyone should understand that we have a completely new team, which gathered just a day or two before the game. And I knew very well that physically we would go down. The guys didn't even train together, they didn't have time. Therefore, it was impossible even to speak of banal teamwork. Plus there were a lot of very stupid mistakes. And the key and turning point was the injury of Alexander Denisov, the leader of our defense. In general, an extremely offensive defeat, we really hoped that we would be able to hook points. I was glad that our pupil from Tambov, Artem Arkhipov, scored.
After the game with Rotor, some suspected Tambov of a fixed match. What can you say about the episode with Zurab Gigashvili's own goal?
- Suspicion of a fixed match is bullshit. This is what some completely illiterate people say. The first goal - yes, a very ridiculous cut, I agree. The guy was wrong, this happens even with the greats. He is 19, came out to play for the second time, there is nothing surprising. In general, this whole situation and the pressure on us with the alleged "match fixing" is very offensive. As if on purpose. After all, everyone knows what a difficult situation we have now. It would be better if they supported me. There have never been and never will be fixed matches with me. Tambov is my reputation. And the club, and I really value her.
Are there any fears that competitors may secretly take advantage of your position? Agree on something with the players?
- I didn't even think about it. Of course, everything is possible in life, but I can honestly say that I have never crossed or faced such a thing in my life.
Tell us more about what is happening in the club now?
- Now the main question is what will happen to the team in the future. And its future and existence depends on whether we can find sponsors. Sponsors will come if the team is interesting and attractive for investments. And for this you need to try to achieve success. It would be great to finish the championship at least in the seams. Then we have a chance to attract the right people. We are optimistic, we want to keep the club at any cost. Hopefully it will work out. But if not, then, most likely, "Tambov" will face bankruptcy.
Are there any sponsorship options already?
- We are actively working on this, we are in contact with many people. The outlook is optimistic, so we hope for the best.
Many are unhappy with the fact that the RPL allocated money to the club, saying that this is a useless waste of funds that could be spent on something else. How can you comment on this?
“I don’t want to say anything about it. All people have an opinion that they can express. Does this affect the team spirit? Of course, this is quite insulting, but we try to pay less attention to this. It is important for us now to find connections in the assembled team and prepare for the remaining games to the maximum. We believe that we can cope with all the difficulties.