Doctors of the Inozemtsev City Clinical Hospital (GKB) burn center of the Moscow Health Department cured a woman with severe burns to her face after cooking eggs in the microwave. This was reported to the Moscow City News Agency in the press service of the Moscow Department of Health.
“To save time, a resident of Moscow decided to boil eggs in an unusual way - not on a kitchen stove, but in a microwave oven, in a container with water. When trying to reach the already cooked eggs with a spoon, they exploded at the first contact with the object. Boiling water and hot shell fragments hit the woman's face, arms and neck, the hostess barely had time to close her eyes. An ambulance promptly delivered the victim to the burn center of the Inozemtsev State Clinical Hospital,”the message says.
It is noted that with boiling water burns of the face, neck, hands of 1-2-3 degrees (6% of the body surface), the woman was hospitalized.
“Burn surgeons have been trying to restore the skin for three weeks. In order for the resulting burn wounds to heal, doctors used modern technologies and drugs to treat wounds and prevent scar consequences, wound coverings and synthetic skin equivalents were used. In a short time, experienced specialists managed to return the woman to her usual life and restore her appearance without complications and without gross cosmetic defects on the young woman's face,”concluded the Moscow Department of Health.